Wednesday 10 December 2008

my first piece of real art.

It was my 21st birthday this year and my brother and sister gave me some money to get what ever i wanted. I was shopping with my mummy at home and went to my favourite little gallery and found the most beautiful and perfect Birthday present. 






The piece is by a South African artist named John Bauer and is called ' I have never stopped hoping' The inscription is a short prose about the loss of his mother and grand mother in a hit and run accident and how he thinks about them phoning him to tell him they are actually alive and coming home. Having lost my father last year this piece touched me like none of his other pieces and i had to own it. 

I was told by Denise the owner of The Castle Gallery that this piece was one of Bauer's favourites and it meant a lot to him which makes it even more meaningful. 

I love this piece and will cherish it for the rest of my life. 

No comments: